• Don Dale Clinic location, Part Time, Fixed term
• Have a real impact on the health and wellbeing of our Indigenous communities
• Work with a down to earth team, dedicated to what we do
We are seeking an enthusiastic and experienced General Practitioner to join our Don Dale Clinic. Take on an important role where you’ll improve the health and wellbeing of Indigenous Australians by reaching out to the community and promoting better health choices.
Established in 1991, Danila Dilba Health Service is a community organisation providing comprehensive primary health care to Biluru communities in the Yilli Rreung Region of the Northern Territory. We aim to improve the physical, mental, spiritual, cultural, and social wellbeing of our clients through innovative comprehensive programs based on principles of equity, access, empowerment, determination, and collaboration.
About the role
providing a range of culturally appropriate and comprehensive primary health care services to young people within the Don Dale Youth Detention Centre, which includes a significant component of providing high level clinical and operational support.
• You’ll IMPACT the community, helping close the gap in Indigenous healthcare and wellbeing, one helping hand at a time.
• You’ll be PROUD, both work you do and who you work for.
• You’ll work with a TEAM, alongside people who are down to earth and truly dedicated to what we do.
• You’ll EXPERIENCE and learn something new every day through the variety of your role.
• You’ll embrace the OPPORTUNITY to progress your career - follow your path at Danila Dilba.
• Delivering quality, comprehensive and culturally safe health, and social support services to young people in detention to meet their health, mental health, social and developmental needs.
• Connecting and referring young people to the full range of care and allied health.
• Support young people, their families and/or carers with appropriate comprehensive health services on release from DDYDC.
• Advocate and coordinate care with internal and external care providers to work towards desired outcomes for young people in detention.
• Provide clinical services to clients in the acute setting while applying the principles of chronic disease management to appropriate cases.
• Participate in primary health care service delivery and development.
• Participate in screening, recall, follow up and referral processes.
• Partake in clinical audits.
• Participate in Registrar, Aboriginal Health Worker and medical student supervision, education, and staff development sessions to upgrade skills.
Are you the right person?
The successful candidate will have:
• Current registration as a General Practitioner with AHPRA
• Fellow of the RACGP or ACCRM with a minimum 2 years’ experience in General Practice
• Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to liaise with people from a wide range of cultural and social backgrounds.
• Demonstrated understanding of the principles of Primary Health Care within Indigenous Health
• Demonstrated awareness of and sensitivity to Aboriginal culture, self-determination concepts and history and knowledge of issues impacting on Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively within a multidisciplinary team in a cross-cultural and complex environment.
We want you to be proud of both the work you do and of who you work for! Follow your path at Danila Dilba - where every person matters!
For further information, please contact Paul Ryan on 08 8942 5440 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications must be submitted by 30 April 2022 via the online portal.
To be considered all applications must include:
• Cover Letter addressing the Selection Criteria, and
• Current Resume (CV)
If you experience any issues, please contact email@example.com