- Darwin location, Full-Time (Fixed Term)
- Have a real impact on the health and wellbeing of our Indigenous communities
- Work with a down to earth team, dedicated to what we do
We have a great opportunity for dedicated and experienced individual to join our team as an Indigenous Outreach Worker. Take on an important role improve the health and wellbeing of Indigenous Australians by reaching out to the community and promoting better health choices. We will provide great learning opportunities, giving you the chance to grow your skills and progress your career.
- About Us
Established in 1991, Danila Dilba Health Service is a community organisation providing comprehensive primary health care to Biluru communities in the Yilli Rreung Region of the Northern Territory. We aim to improve the physical, mental, spiritual, cultural and social wellbeing of our clients through innovative comprehensive programs based on principles of equity, access, empowerment, determination and collaboration.
- About the role
The indigenous outreach worker will assist in the delivery of SEWB programs to DDHS community members across all age groups. This will be achieved through community engagement and the promotion, facilitation, and delivery of SEWB therapeutic groups. The Indigenous Outreach Worker will also maintain a presence in weekly SEWB referral intake meetings.
- You’ll IMPACT the community, helping close the gap in Indigenous healthcare and wellbeing, one helping hand at a time.
- You’ll be PROUD, both of the work you do and who you work for.
- You’ll work with a TEAM, alongside people who are down to earth and truly dedicated to what we do.
- You’ll EXPERIENCE and learn something new every day through the variety of your role.
- You’ll embrace the OPPORTUNITY to progress your career - follow your path at Danila Dilba.
- Responsibilities include:
- Facilitate and co-ordinate (with support from SEWB team) low intensity therapeutic and social groups.
- Work in partnership with SEWB team to co-design group workshops.
- Participate in community events to provide awareness and promote SEWB program.
- Provide cultural input and support to SEWB clients and staff members
- Work within multidisciplinary teams to ensure social and emotional wellbeing activities are culturally relevant and assist clients with referral & access to cultural, psychosocial, psychological, and clinical interventions and treatments.
- Maintain regular contact with clients within the scope of practice that have been referred by clinics, other providers, or self-referral to SEWB.
- Are you the right person?
The successful candidate will have:
- Demonstrated experience working with Indigenous people and the ability to communicate effectively and in a culturally appropriately manner
- Demonstrated awareness of and sensitivity to Aboriginal culture and history and knowledge of issues impacting on Aboriginal children and families, youth, and adults and those affected by Stolen Generations’ policies and practices.
- Demonstrated ability to work within and maintain strict confidentiality guidelines and policies.
- Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to liaise with people from a wide range of cultural and social backgrounds to both obtain and convey information relevant to their care.
- Ability to work independently, and as part of a team, with an ability to plan, manage and prioritise tasks and resources to deliver outcomes within time and budget considerations.
We want you to be proud of both the work you do and of who you work for! Follow your path at Danila Dilba - where every person matters!
For further information, please contact Donna Marie on 08 8942 5400 or at email@example.com
- Position Description
- Closing Date
Applications must be submitted by 24 June 2022 via the online portal.
To be considered all applications must include:
Cover Letter addressing the Selection Criteria, and Current Resume (CV)
If you experience any issues, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org