• Darwin, Full time
• Have a real impact on the health and wellbeing of our Indigenous communities
• Work with a down to earth team, dedicated to what we do
We have a great opportunity for dedicated and experienced individual to join our team as Medical Receptionist. Take on an important role improve the health and wellbeing of Indigenous Australians by reaching out to the community and promoting better health choices. We will provide great learning opportunities, giving you the chance to grow your skills and progress your career.
Established in 1991, Danila Dilba Health Service is a community organisation providing comprehensive primary health care to Biluru communities in the Yilli Rreung Region of the Northern Territory. We aim to improve the physical, mental, spiritual, cultural and social wellbeing of our clients through innovative comprehensive programs based on principles of equity, access, empowerment, determination and collaboration.
About the role
The Medical Receptionist will provide high quality customer service and administrative support to the clients and medical staff of Danila Dilba Health Service.
• You’ll IMPACT the community, helping close the gap in Indigenous healthcare and wellbeing, one helping hand at a time.
• You’ll be PROUD, both of the work you do and who you work for.
• You’ll work with a TEAM, alongside people who are down to earth and truly dedicated to what we do.
• You’ll EXPERIENCE and learn something new every day through the variety of your role.
• You’ll embrace the OPPORTUNITY to progress your career - follow your path at Danila Dilba.
• Provide receptionist duties to clients presenting to Danila Dilba Health Service clinics.
• Provide administrative support duties for all health practitioners within the clinic, including faxing, filing, photocopying, scanning and taking messages.
• Coordinate client’s appointments including booking, confirming, cancelling, re-scheduling as required/
• Coordinate booking recall list as delegated and review and action relevant recalls
• Undertake SMS contacts
• Monitor and follow up on missed call reports
Are you the right person?
The successful candidate will have:
1. Certificate III in Business Administration (Medical) or similar
2. Demonstrated knowledge and experience working in office administration and/or medical reception.
3. Understanding of the Medicare Benefits schedule
4. Demonstrated awareness of and sensitivity to Aboriginal culture and history and knowledge of issues impacting on Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
5. Highly developed interpersonal skills including written and verbal communication skills with an ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality.
We want you to be proud of both the work you do and of who you work for! Follow your path at Danila Dilba - where every person matters!
For further information, please contact Tiana McCoy on 08 8942 5329 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications must be submitted by 12 April 2022 via the online portal.
To be considered all applications must include:
• Cover Letter addressing the Selection Criteria, and
• Current Resume (CV)
If you experience any issues, please contact email@example.com