- Darwin location, 2 Full time positions (Fixed-Term)
- Have a real impact on the health and wellbeing of our Indigenous communities
- Work with a down to earth team, dedicated to what we do
If you are someone that is passionate about the delivery of a range of programs, activities, tools and skills to assist Indigenous Youth by addressing the impact that issues have on their emotional and social situations. This is the role for you!
Take on an important role where you’ll improve the health and wellbeing of Indigenous Australians by reaching out to the community and promoting better health choices. We will provide great learning opportunities, giving you the chance to grow your skills and progress your career.
- About Us
Established in 1991, Danila Dilba Health Service is a community organisation providing comprehensive primary health care to Biluru communities in the Yilli Rreung Region of the Northern Territory. We aim to improve the physical, mental, spiritual, cultural and social wellbeing of our clients through innovative comprehensive programs based on principles of equity, access, empowerment, determination and collaboration.
- About the role
You will provide high quality youth work including but not limited to support and advocacy, case management, outreach services and program/community development.
- You’ll IMPACT the community, helping close the gap in Indigenous healthcare and wellbeing, one helping hand at a time.
- You’ll be PROUD, both of the work you do and who you work for.
- You’ll work with a TEAM, alongside people who are down to earth and truly dedicated to what we do.
- You’ll EXPERIENCE and learn something new every day through the variety of your role.
- You’ll embrace the OPPORTUNITY to progress your career - follow your path at Danila Dilba.
- Responsibilities include:
- Youth services and program/community development
- Plan and implement programs and activities that are culturally safe and responsive to the needs of Aboriginals and Torres strait islander youth in detention
- Participance in maintaining standards that will ensure the highest quality of practice
- Provide outreach work and be willing to work hours that maximize indigenous youth access to programs and activities
- Advocate on client’s behalf and make appropriate referrals to other agencies.
- Are you the right person?
The successful candidate will have:
- Demonstrated awareness and sensitivity to Aboriginal culture and history and a working knowledge of issues impacting on Aboriginal children and families. Mainly those who have encountered the youth justice system.
- Demonstrated recent experience working with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander young people im improve social health outcomes.
- Knowledge of trauma-informed approaches and willingness to do training in specific areas.
- Proficiency and commitment in using electronic information systems for the maintenance of clinic al and service delivery records.
- Experience in the development and implementation of community programs
We want you to be proud of both the work you do and of who you work for! Follow your path at Danila Dilba - where every person matters!
For further information, please contact Jenon Batty on 08 8942 5400 or at email@example.com
- Position Description
- Closing Date
Applications must be submitted by COB 24 June 2022 via the online portal.
To be considered all applications must include:
Cover Letter addressing the Selection Criteria, and Current Resume (CV)
If you experience any issues, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org