- Palmerston/ Humpty Doo location, 2 positions (1 Full Time & 1 Part time)
- Have a real impact on the health and wellbeing of our Indigenous communities.
- Work with a down to earth team, dedicated to what we do
If you are someone that is passionate about the delivery of primary care services to ATSI people of the greater Darwin area, then position is for you.
Take on an important role where you’ll improve the health and wellbeing of Indigenous Australians by reaching out to the community and promoting better health choices. We will provide great learning opportunities, giving you the chance to grow your skills and progress your career.
- About Us
Established in 1991, Danila Dilba Health Service is a community organisation providing comprehensive primary health care to Biluru communities in the Yilli Rreung Region of the Northern Territory. We aim to improve the physical, mental, spiritual, cultural and social wellbeing of our clients through innovative comprehensive programs based on principles of equity, access, empowerment, determination and collaboration.
- About the role
The AHP will provide high quality, comprehensive and culturally appropriate clinical care to Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander clients and support the other health practitioners both within the organisation and the community.
The AHP is crucial to maintaining cultural integrity and advocates strongly for our patients.
- You’ll IMPACT the community, helping close the gap in Indigenous healthcare and wellbeing, one helping hand at a time.
- You’ll be PROUD, both of the work you do and who you work for.
- You’ll work with a TEAM, alongside people who are down to earth and truly dedicated to what we do.
- You’ll EXPERIENCE and learn something new every day through the variety of your role.
- You’ll embrace the OPPORTUNITY to progress your career - follow your path at Danila Dilba.
- Some of your responsibilities include:
- Be a first point of contact for clients attending the DDHS Clinics, including completing an initial diagnosis, treatment, and referrals as necessary (SODAF)
- With guidance from a senior clinician work as per CARPA guidelines:
- Screen patients and treat according to standards and patient’s journey.
- Identify ‘at risk’ clients, e.g., older people, youth, and children.
- Monitor/ maintain client group recalls.
- Perform child and/or adult health checks.
- Provide advice about healthy lifestyles, e.g., nutrition and physical activity, alcohol consumption and quit smoking programs through brief interventions.
- Are you the right person?
- Current registration with AHPRA as an Aboriginal Health Practitioner with a current AGV certificate.
- Work in partnership with a multidisciplinary team, to provide and promote a culturally safe and responsive client focused comprehensive Primary Health Care (PHC) service including but not limited to general health care assessment and management, Health Checks, cycles of care, health promotion and prevention.
- Broad clinical experience in primary health care including skills in planning, coordinating and decision making within a clinical setting.
- Ensure coordinated client care by maintaining assessment and pathology schedules, referring to and working with allied health services, supporting client self-direction in health care plans and preparing for visiting specialists’ clinics.
- Demonstrated well developed written, verbal and interpersonal skills including with the ability to communicate sensitively in a cross-cultural environment with Aboriginal clients and staff.
We want you to be proud of both the work you do and of who you work for! Follow your path at Danila Dilba - where every person matters!
For further information, please contact Jenna March on 08 8942 5400 or at email@example.com
- Positions Description
- Closing Date
Applications must be submitted by COB 24 June 2022 via the online portal.
To be considered all applications must include:
Cover Letter addressing the Selection Criteria, and Current Resume (CV)
If you experience any issues, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org