● Darwin Location, Full Time - Fixed Term
● Have a real impact on the health and wellbeing of our Indigenous communities
● Work with a down to earth team, dedicated to what we do
If you are someone that is passionate in providing Individual capacity building (ICB) activities to build the capacity of people with disabilities and provide them with the confidence and knowledge they need in the Darwin and Palmerston region. This is the role for you!
Take on an important role where you’ll improve the health and wellbeing of Indigenous Australians by reaching out to the community and promoting better health choices. We will provide great learning opportunities, giving you the chance to grow your skills and progress your career.
- About Us
Established in 1991, Danila Dilba Health Service is a community organisation providing comprehensive primary health care to Biluru communities in the Yilli Rreung Region of the Northern Territory. We aim to improve the physical, mental, spiritual, cultural, and social wellbeing of our clients through innovative comprehensive programs based on principles of equity, access, empowerment, determination and collaboration.
- About the role
- You’ll IMPACT the community, helping close the gap in Indigenous healthcare and wellbeing, one helping hand at a time.
- You’ll be PROUD, both work you do and who you work for.
- You’ll work with a TEAM, alongside people who are down to earth and truly dedicated to what we do.
- You’ll EXPERIENCE and learn something new every day through the variety of your role.
- You’ll embrace the OPPORTUNITY to progress your career - follow your path at Danila Dilba.
- Your responsibilities include:
- Providing Information of available services and agencies to support people with disabilities within their communities.
- Assist children, young people, parents, families care givers to establish linkages within their communities.
- Involving the client’s family / carer as appropriate in broadening their linkages and capacity building within their community.
- Providing appropriate information and assistance consistent with the requirements of the role (this may be in the clients home or clinic setting)
- Maintaining quality client medical records
- Are you the right person?
- Proven well-developed knowledge of and contemporary experience in working with client's disabilities (e.g. Autism, Psychosocial Disability, Developmental Delay, Other Sensory/Speech).
- 'Lived experience' of person/s with a disability (e.g., Self, family member, community member, direct client work).
- Knowledge of the social determinants of health (environment, economic and social inequalities) that have a profound impact on the health and wellbeing of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
- Demonstrated ability to use culturally sensitive ways to ensure improved client access to DDHS, NDIS and OR other specialist disability services.
- Understanding of practical realities facing clients to help build a culturally sensitive plan which increases client ownership and self-determination by supporting the client to have all relevant information, create linkages and build capacity within their community.
We want you to be proud of both the work you do and of who you work for! Follow your path at Danila Dilba - where every person matters!
For further information, please contact Jenon Batty on 08 8942 5400 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Position Description
- Closing Date
Applications must be submitted by COB 24 June 2022 via the online portal.
To be considered all applications must include:
Cover Letter addressing the Selection Criteria, and Current Resume (CV)
If you experience any issues, please contact email@example.com